Wednesday, February 3, 2010

God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with Down syndrome doesn't TAKE a special family, it MAKES a special family...

Lyndi posted this on her facebook and I had to copy it ;)
This has always been our goal. To get people to see that God is guiding us. He is in control and has set us out on this journey. The only thing Joe and I did was be obedient to Him.
Last year at this time if you would of asked us if we wanted more children, the definite answer would of been NO!! But God had different plans for our family. And we are soo excited.
We were able to get our immunizations for our travel last week. Ouch!! I think we each got three, and I convinced Joe to get the H1N1, so we would not have to deal with that along the way, which would not be fun.
Our SW sent our police checks and summary homestudy to us, so now we have every piece of paperwork needed. We can finally breath a sigh of relief.
Will definetly let everyone know when we get the immigration approval letter. Everyday I say a prayer as I pull up to the mailbox, and even though it has not been there, I do find a comfort knowing that it will be on its way soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to know more about the tu-tus but I can't figure out where to order them! Please e-mail me... AliMcManamon at yahoo . com

    ReplyDelete