Thursday, May 13, 2010

GOTCHA DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After basically 3 days of cancelled flights, delayed flights, changed flights I made it back to Kiev late Wed. evening. Sorta settled in, slept like a hammer and awoke to beautiful Ukraine sunshine and the knowledge that today would be Olya's last day (morning) in the orphanage. To quote David Crowder "OHHHH, Happiness!" Oleg picked me up at 9:00, we then picked up Nadya and off we went to Vorzel. All said it was very quick and painless! I signed a few papers, then played with Olya until the papers were wrapped up, then a change of clothes and a few pics and the sweetest words "PAKA PAKA Vorzel." Olya has been a dream to be with thus far. She is so inquisitive, she watches and takes in everything she can. So far she has had passport pics taken, a visit to Ukraine "Grandmother" ( a story that can't fit on a blog page lol), a car ride with Oleg :),an apartment change, a trip to the market, and confinement with me without a tear YAYYYYYYYYYY! I could ramble on and on, what a joyous, blessed day. My cup truly runneth over. However, I know everyone wants some pics so here ya go...

















Posted by one Happy PaPa!!
Joe

7 comments:

  1. OHHH HAPPINESS!!!!! What a wonderful day for you and Olya!!! We have been in tears all morning. Can't wait to see more pics and here of your adventures with her during this final trip.

    Lova ya,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day! You may not be in tears but I am. :)

    PRAISE GOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What a day! She is a real beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my look at that contented girl sleeping.

    Sending you love and happiness from Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh cant tell you how long I've waited for this day! for this sweet girls foverever family to bring her home. yey praise God she is heading home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful girl she is! I have been following your blog, and am so glad to hear things are going so well for you and Olya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so far behind, AHHH, I can't believe I am just now reading your gotcha day post!!! So happy for you guys, CONGRATULTIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete