Tuesday, April 6, 2010

No Court Date :(

We did not recieve our court date today. We waited most of the day and finally called Nadya out of anticipation. She told us that they were able to submit everything needed today to the judge. Which is great, the social worker was able to get everything together. Nadya said that the judge was too busy today to look at it, so we will hear the court date tomorrow.
I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that court will not be until next week, but Im trying to remain positive.

We drove to the orphanage this morning, like every other morning. When we arrived one of the workers kept trying to speak to us in Ukrainian, we could not understand what she was saying. She put her hand to her head and we realized she was talking about Olga being sick. We called Nadya to translate for us and sure enough she is a sick little baby. They told us to come back another day!!!! I wish they would of let us sit and hold her and love on her. We would not mind her being sick around us. But they pretty much told us to leave.;( We then drove the almost hour back to Kiev.

The rest of the day was spent getting our internet back up and running. This evening we went to the Italian restaurant for dinner. We were able to speak to the kids tonight. Gracie has bronchitis, so please pray that she starts to feel better. I dont like being away from my kids when they are sick, Gracie or Olga!

Nadya said that the orphanage asked us to come back maybe THurs or Friday when she is feeling better. So now tomorrow we have no plans. I think we might go to the Chernobyl museum and maybe purchase a few gifts for Nadya and the orphanage ladies.

We want to thank everyone for all the kind words and prayers. It is so nice to hear from everyone back home. We are hoping the next time you read the blog we will have a court date!!!!
God Bless,
LeaAnn

7 comments:

  1. Oh man, I am sooooo sorry! I'll pray your babies get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh LeaAnn! My heart sunk as I read your post. I had too many days waiting and waiting for phone calls. I think that was the hardest part of the journey, you wait all day, you hope and pray, then when YOU have to call and you hear a "Not today." You spirit sinks.
    I will be praying for you guys! And praying for Gracie as she is sick! Oh I know how harder it makes the separation! Hugs hugs hugs.
    Hope you got to call my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LeaAnn and Joe:
    Just wanted to let you know we are thinking of you. Can't wait to meet Olga. I hope everything goes quickly and you will be home with your new little girl soon!
    God Bless!
    Chris, Elaina, Cody and Carter Jennings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam Gracie is fine I promise Pam and I will take good care of my Little Bit. I will say a prayer tonight for the Girls. And a special one for your court date.Stay busy Sam and you will be home before you know it. Miss you both, Love Dad & Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for your sick kiddos! Soon, friend, you will be home soon...soak it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry, no court date yet. praying for you !! Bummer too that they wont let you see her, she needs her mama to hug and hold her :)

    ReplyDelete